Canoe Lake is a major entry point to the Park for canoeists and is located in the Northwest area of the Park.
Located just north off Highway 60 are:
- an Algonquin Park office where you can check in to the park
- a parking lot to leave your car while you canoe into the park (permit required)
- showers where you can wash up before you go home
- The Portgage Store where you can rent equipment
- a restaurant (and ice cream store)
- a gift shop
There are no campsites on Canoe Lake, just cottages, some camps and motor boats.
From Canoe Lake you can access:
- to the north: Joe Lake
- to the south: Bonita Lake, Smoke Lake
Points of Interest
At the north end of the lake is a memorial cairn in memory of the famous Canadian landscape painter Tom Thomson, who drowned nearby. Open in Google Maps